2018 Lido Season – Friends’ Membership and Pre-Season Swim.
As promised in our recent newsletter, I now want to let you know of options for 2018 membership of the Friends and, in particular, details of the Friends’ exclusive pre-season swim.
Prior to the official opening of the Lido at 10am on Saturday 26th May 2018, members of the Friends
are able to benefit from a pre-season swim on Friday 25th May – from 11am to 3pm
As the membership year runs from pre-opening day each year, in order to enjoy this early swim opportunity you will need to sign up for 2018 membership on the day, and members of the Friends Committee will be present throughout these hours to sign up those wishing to join or continue their membership. For those not able to attend on the Friday due to work or other commitments, Committee Members will also be present for most of the opening Saturday.
If you are not able to attend on either of these dates, then you are of course able to join at any time during the season by speaking to a member of the Committee, or by filling in a membership form and posting this, together with your £5 membership fee, into the Friend’ post box sited just to the left of the entrance lobby.
Just to remind you of the benefits of membership, your £5 membership fee will enable you to enjoy –
– exclusive pre-season swim available only to members of the Friends (on the Friday prior to opening day)
– exclusive post-season swim available only to members of the Friends (on the Monday following the season’s close)
– 10% discount of food and drink purchased from the Lido café (excluding ice creams and lollies)
– regular newsletters updating you with news and developments at the Lido, and events
– the opportunity to feed your views directly in to Vivacity Management via the Friends’ regular Committee meetings
In addition, although weather-dependent, it is hoped to hold an additional exclusive evening swim and social event for members of the Friends mid-season, giving you the opportunity to meet and exchange views directly with your Committee and other members of the Friends.
I very much hope you will decide to join us for a further season, and look forward to seeing many of you on Friday 25th or 26th May.